Friday, January 18, 2013

Cathrine Likes Pomegranates

Chapter 11
Town on the border of Bren

We'd  traveled for a day before we reached the final town on the Border of Bren once we passed it we'd be in Perlusha and than on to Misty Glade. The town of Greenlay was dotted with stalls of fruit, fine clothes, richly woven rugs, tapestries, and many other fine things, my eyes were darting from one thing to the next, this was by far the nicest town in all of Bren, Rolic leaned near me and whispered, "A large clash this is to Perlusha except where the rich are housed Bren is a far pleasanter country to live in."
I couldn't believe what he was saying surely Perlusha was not as bad as he was making it out to be.

Lissie frowned at Rolic. "No it's not Perlusha is a far nicer place then this and you should know because you're......nevermind." There it was again what were those two hiding they obviously knew each other but how?

Rolic rolled his eyes and walked over to the farthest stall. "What are you doing!" I yelled over to Rolic. "We need to stick together and we don't have time to go shopping."

"Just a second you won't regret this."  He handed the merchant a few gold pieces the man eagerly accepted them and gave Rolic a large bag; Rolic picked it up and headed back over to me. "These are pomegranates. Try one I assure you, you won't be disappointed."

I raised my eyebrows. "where'd you get that money." Rolic blushed.

"It was the money the men who took you gave me...all of it."

I frowned at him.

"Just try it." he said tossing one to me.  "The pomegranate didn't kidnap you did it?"

I shrugged. "Yeah well..."

"Just try it."

I gave him a look, Ariella handed me one of her daggers I cut a chunk and and cautiously took popped a juice covered seed into my mouth, it was delicious so delicious actually that I continued to snack on it as we began to move on.

"Told you so." I rolled my eyes.


 Well we took our time in the town enjoying the sights all excited that we were so close to Perlusha, when suddenly Ariella gasped and trotted Jotsies away into a dark corner, dismounted, and rushed away leading her horse behind her.

Suspicious?

I looked ahead and saw what had made her so nervous. It was the Guard of Bren and they were asking about Ariella.

Sincerely
Sarah 



No comments:

Post a Comment