Friday, February 1, 2013

The Short Chapter AKA Cliff Hanger



Chapter 12
 Ariella

"Ariella....isn't a thief." I told myself uncertainly as I glanced back at the guards. Rolic caught my attention he was jerking his head to back where she'd disappeared, I nodded and motioned for Lissie to follow she looked bewildered I took that to mean she hadn't seen any of the prier events. 

When we were far enough away from the guards Rolic began to speak. "I know things don't look good for our friend, but I for one know that she is not a thief if that's what you are thinking?

"How do you know that?" I asked him suspiciously?

"I  can't disclose that it's not completely my secret and I'd have to tell the tales of many others that would probably prefer to be left alone." 

I shook my head at him. "Well than do you "know" who she really is?"

"Yes, but she doesn't know who I am...well I mean she doesn't know who I "really" am."

"Who is she then?" 

Rolic folded his arms. "It's not my place to tell."

I sighed, well if I wasn't going to get an answer out of him I'd get one out of her. I told the others to follow.

Finally we found her far away from the town center stroking Jotsies soft nose. She smiled when I approached. "So sorry for abandoning you all, can't have the guards on me you know.

"No I don't know, in fact I don't really "know" anything about any of my companions, and I thought shouldn't a person know something about at least one of her fellow travelers. So may I ask, Who are you?

"Well...it's a long story"

"We have "some" time and I can stretch that." I sat down on a nearby bench. "Begin."

"Well I suppose I should start with my real name........



No comments:

Post a Comment