Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Been Awhile

Well, a brief recap is in order here we go.
1. We went hiking again. This picture was captured by my dad the day we went on trail\off trail hiking. It was gorgeous, this picture doesn't even do it nearly enough justice! 
I was also experimenting with my hair that day, you can't tell from this pic but I was attempting a natural straighten which involved a brush and a hair dryer.
Yeah I know the point of a perm is to get curls but some days you want to go straight.
2. I got new oxfords (and returned the previous ones)
3. Enjoyed the lush fall weather
4. Put together our costumes for our churches upcoming costume party (it's next month) 
5. Drew some more. I found out that makeup contouring guides make great face shading cheat sheets.
6. Went to an awesome friend's birthday party 


And that's it for now, sorry it was short...and not a story...or anything else more interesting...you know what, how about I leave you with a couple poems.

The World in the Door
There was a crack,
In the middle of the door,
Every time we looked away,
It was bigger than before.

It dazzled our eyes,
With sights so grand,
That enveloped us so,
Till we were in the palm of it's land.

We stood for awhile,
With wide open eyes,
By opalescent waters,
And bluish green skies.

Till slowly it faded
As the woodworks reformed 
And we were as before 
Our stunning venture adjourned.
~SarahPG

A Poem Wish
Give me a steady rhyme
So that I can keep the time
As I really ought to do
And not too many nor too few 

Let the subject grow and grow 
Until it has to fly, to go
Because it has to end sometime
As it is with all good rhymes.
~SarahPG

Onwards or No 
Choose to discover, choose to forget
What you decide, will affect 
Close your eyes, open wide
A dream or reality, a crazy ride
Think you know? No you don't 
Think you can handle, no you won't 
What you've seen so far doesn't compare 
To danger you'll face, better prepare
If you'll move forward take a step back 
If you'll retreat than pack 
Once you choose, you're stuck
With either choice you'll need pluck 

Leave and you'll wonder;
Stay? Stray asunder?
But better to leap and fall
Than to not leap at all 
And forever wonder,
If you made the right call.
~SarahPG


 Done for now like I said before, still gathering my this and that's. I need a bit more time to gather my creativity in a manageable place.

Anyways, Au Revoir my Amis 
Sarah Gracen







No comments:

Post a Comment